Skylights are an incredible addition to any home, however, like any other window in your home, they are susceptible to damage from the elements and age. If your skylight is cracked, leaking, or otherwise not functioning properly, it’s time to call a professional for skylight repair services or a complete skylight replacement.
C.D. Roofing & Construction Ltd. has specialized in skylight repairs and replacements for more than 20 years. Schedule your free in home consultation today!
Skylight Repair Services
Whether you have a cracked or leaking skylight or simply want to upgrade your existing skylights, the team at CD Roofing can help. We specialize in repairing all types of skylights, and our experienced technicians will work quickly and efficiently to get the job done right.
Our seamless process and exceptional service make us the best choice for skylight repair and replacement in the Durham Region and the GTA. The process is simple:
- Once we receive your call, our certified skylight contractor will visit your home to assess the damage and provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.
- We will then schedule a convenient time for our certified technicians to repair or replace your skylights.
- Most times, the entire repair process can be done in one day from start to finish. If you need skylight repair, don’t hesitate to call us today!
Skylight Replacement Services
At CD Roofing, we also specialize in replacing old or damaged skylights. If your skylights are beyond repair, or if you simply want to upgrade to newer and more energy-efficient models, our team can help. We offer a wide range of replacement skylights, and our experienced technicians will work with you to find the best option for your home.
Replacing a skylight can be a big job, so it’s important to trust the experts. With over 25 years of experience, CD Roofing has the knowledge and skills to get the job done right. We’re also committed to providing excellent customer service, so you can rest assured that you’ll be taken care of from start to finish.
Do I need repair or replacement?
The first step in determining whether you need skylight repair or replacement is to inspect the skylight and its surrounding area for any signs of damage. We look for cracks, holes, or other damage to the skylight. If the damage is significant, it may be more economical to replace the skylight entirely.
Factors to consider
- Age: Although skylights have varying lifespans depending on the quality of the product and how well it was installed, most skylights last between 8 and 15 years. If your skylight is approaching or has surpassed this age, it may be more cost-effective to replace it rather than repair it.
- Leaks: Several signs can indicate that your skylight is leaking, including water stains on the ceiling or walls surrounding the skylight, mould or mildew growth, and peeling paint. If your skylight is leaking, repair is typically the best option; however, replacement may be necessary if the leak is severe.
- Condensation: Although some condensation is normal, excessive condensation can signify a problem. If you notice condensation on the inside of your skylight, it is likely that the seal around the skylight is failing and allowing moisture to enter. This can usually be fixed with repair, but in some cases, replacement may be necessary.
- The extent of the damage: Sometimes even if the damage is significant, repair may still be an option if the skylight is otherwise in good condition.
- Cost of repair: In some cases, it may be more cost-effective to replace your skylight rather than repair it. This is especially true when the damage is significant, or the skylight is approaching the end of its lifespan.
Signs your skylight needs repair
- Cracks in the glass or frame
- Leaks and/or water build up
- Excessive condensation
- Damaged or missing shingles around the skylight
- Deteriorated caulk or flashing
- Rust on metal components
- Drywall exhibits signs of discolouration or bubbling
- You can feel a draft coming from the general area
- The ceiling is stained from water
- The roof has sustained damage in close proximity
- Debris in and around the protrusion
- Any visible opening in the seams, flashing or unit itself
You need to replace the skylight when:
- The skylight is more than 15 years old
- The damage is extensive
- The cost of repair is more than half the cost of replacement
- Fogged or cracked glass
- Rusted or corroded frame
- Upgrading your skylight to the latest in low-E technology
- Upgrading to noise-reduction skylights
- Increasing the size of your current skylight
- Upgrading to those that open for ventilation
When in doubt, call us for advice
When it comes to skylight repair or replacement, the best course of action depends on many factors. It is always best to consult with a professional to ensure that you make the best decision for your home. Skylight repair and replacement can be complex, and a professional can assess the damage and recommend the best course of action.
Repairing and replacing skylights is our specialty
When it comes to skylight repair or replacement, CD Roofing is the best choice in Durham Region and the GTA. We offer a wide range of roofing services, and our experienced technicians will work with you to find the best solution for your home.
Our track record of excellence and commitment to customer service makes us the obvious choice for all your skylight needs. So if you need skylight repair or replacement, give us a call today!